Newly Listed – 8.13.15

Two new dolls have been listed for sale in my Etsy shop this morning! I’ve named them both, though only one will come clothed. First is “Seer” and she is a repainted Monster High Twyla doll made to look like an ethereal prophetess.

 

Her hair was washed, conditioned, and boil permed to acquire the curls. I removed the gray swirls from her legs (they were quiet scuffed as it was) and left the gray on her hands and forearms for a more mystic appearance.

As with all my repaints, the factory paint/make up was removed using 100% acetone nail polish remover and then she was repainted using Faber-Castell and Prismacolor watercolor pencils and chalk pastels. Each layer was sealed using Mr. Super Clear’s UV Matte Sealant. Liquitex Gloss Varnish was applied to the eyes and lips to give them that dewy appearance and in this instance individual eyelashes were glued for a more 3d, in depth look.

Second is “Chelsea”, whom I plan on doing a separate post about for my Adventures in Rerooting series of posts. Chelsea was a little more complicated, as previous posts show she had quite a bit of damage when I removing the factory hair plugs for her reroot. But I had this great idea to use DMC embroidery floss, pulled apart into separate strands, to restyle her hair and I LOVED the way it turned out. I fully expect to use this method and medium again. Clawdeen is truly one of the molds that I love to work on and shes great fun to play with.

 

She was also repainted in the same method above, with eyelashes glued for a more realistic effect. I just think she’d DARLING and I hope that she finds a wonderful new home.

Advertisements

New Listing – 5.20.15

So I know I’ve been a little remiss in posting as of late but that’s due, in part, to having a race to run and getting things up and going shop wise still. I’m always on the look out for new dolls to procure at decent prices (so I can keep the prices for my repaints relatively affordable!) and besides, I started a new position in my job which has me going non-stop almost all of the day so by the time I get home I’m exhausted! I’ve also been in a very introspective place which I think I will write about and share soon.

However, that didnt stop me from getting not one, but TWO new dolls up into my shop this past weekend. I generally try to get the new listings posted the same day that I get them in the shop, but it just hasn’t worked out that way this go around so hopefully it will with the next one. I also have a new WIP that I’m working on and a doll I had previously repainted that I’ve been debating rerooting – but trying to decide on hair! (Thankfully Dollyhair.com has a 10% sale going right now so I might just have to take advantage of that for her once I decide on colors!)

So, up for offer recently are:

 

Operetta Repaint

Now this one, this one I’m REALLY excited for and took great pride working on. Granted, I love all the dolls I work on, but sometimes you do something and you step back when you’re finished and you’re just EXCITED about the work you’ve created. This Skelita, now she I can sit back and say YES! This is why I do this.

   Skelita Calaveras Monster High Repaint        

 

As always, my dolls are repainted using high-quality Faber-Castell and Prismacolor watercolor pencils and soft chalk pastels. They are sealed using Mr. Super Clean UV Matte Sealant and Liquitex Gloss Varnish for their shiny parts. In both instances here, their hair was washed, conditioned and then boil-permed, styled and sprayed into place. All purchase information is located on my etsy shop.

You can also always follow my expoloits with dolls on the following social media platforms where in I offer regular promotional discounts to followers!

Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/chrysaliscreati

Twitter: twitter.com/ChrysalisCreate

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/chrysaliscreate

Instagram: instagram.com/chrysaliscreation/

 

Newly Listed – 4.12.15

I got these turned around so quickly that I wasnt even able to get my WIP pics up! I also had another bottle that I had completed a while ago that I decided to get up online to see if there were any bites on it. I’m rather quite pleased with these two and in fact honestly considered keeping the Draculaura for my own collection! I do hope that you enjoy them.

As always, they were both stripped of their original factory paint and repainted using Faber-Castell Watercolor Pencils and Pastels, Prismacolor Watercolor Pencils and sealed using Mr. Super Clean UV Matte Sealant and Liquitex Gloss Varnish. I also painted both their hands and feet with nail polish AND added a little touch of realness with lashes!

20150412_175405a

20150412_175416a

20150412_175456a

20150412_175550a

20150412_175625a

20150412_175741a

20150412_175746a

20150412_175814a

20150412_175839a

20150412_175853a

20150412_175918a

20150412_175927a

20150412_180013a

20150412_180026a

20150412_180048a

20150412_180210a